We want you to get the most out of your Crystals & Co. pieces so here are some helpful hints to help keep your Jewellery looking it's best so you can wear it and treasure it for years.
How to take care of your C&Co. items
- We advise to store your pieces individually in their box so they don't scratch, rub off or get in a tangle.
- Try avoid extreme heat or humidity as this may cause your items to tarnish.
- We do recommend when dressing to put your jewellery on after you use products such as deodorant, perfumes, sun lotions, oils, nail polish remover as some chemicals in these may damage, discolour or loosen stones in your jewellery.
- Avoid keeping your jewellery in direct sunlight as this can cause your pieces to fade and discolour.
- Keep your gold vermeil and sterling silver pieces in a cool, dry, dark place. Over time silver will oxidise and eventually tarnish, but if you store your jewellery in a sealed or airtight box this will keep the air out that causes oxidation.
How to clean your jewellery
We advise to carefully clean your jewellery with a soft, chamois or non-abrasive cloth. You can use a mild washing up liquid with warm water and a soft toothbrush, then rinse with clean water and gently dry with a soft cloth.
What causes jewellery to become dull?
To keep your Crystals & Co. jewellery shiny and nice make sure you remove your jewellery before showering or swimming. Chlorine and salt water can erode and dull the appearance of your jewellery.
Easy trick for allergies
If you get a rash or itchy reaction when wearing gold plated jewellery, simply apply a thin coat of clear nail varnish to the back of the jewellery (do not apply to gemstones). When it eventually wears off just re-apply it.
All Crystals & Co. pieces are guaranteed for 100 days.